Friday, June 4, 2010

Sweet Summertime!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the summer so far! I miss those days where my job was being a lifeguard in the summer and literally getting paid to work on my tan! Ahhh the good ole days! Haha. Hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. We sure enjoyed ours as well, despite the weather! YUCK!

Our social lives have thankfully slowed down for the moment and so we have been enjoying relaxation every weekend at home. Since it's June now, can you believe it, we are getting into moving mode. This weekend will kick off the start of us getting things packed up and organized. We are having a yard sale with Brad & Mary next Saturday, so hopefully we will be able to get our unwanted things sold and make a little extra money too! We already sold our couches, rug, coffee table, end tables, washer & dryer, and some other items! We listed all our living room furniture on Craigslist and I sold all of it except our big chair and our old table lamps so far! Craigslist is a cool site but I am here to tell you that I did encounter some strange people. Luckily the two people I sold everything to have been normal! I thought Justin and me were going to be killed no lie, because some of the people were so strange. I recommend the site but proceed with caution that is for sure! Haha.

Our new house is coming right along. They are done with everything except a few things. I have not posted pictures in a while but will do very soon. We have our Orientation for the new house on June 23 and then we close June 28. Can not wait!

Can you believe Justin and me have been married for a year now? We certainly can not! It really is scary how quickly time passes us by. I remember when I was a teenager and I could not wait to be in high school and then I could not wait to be in college. I swear it used to feel like time moved so slowly. I even remember feeling like the weekends went by slowly back then. Then all of a sudden I graduate and next thing I know I am talking about memories from my freshman year and it feels like they were so long ago. I feel like I used to remember everything but these days I can not remember many of them. Luckily I have pictures I can look back on and that really helps trigger that particular day. But, we had a wonderful pre-anny celebration since we were spending Memorial Day with friends. We went out to a wonderful dinner Thursday night and stuffed our faces! My wonderful husband who really does remember all the little things I say I want to do gave me Carrie Underwood tickets. I have been saying how I would like to go to her concert but to tell you the truth I have been thinking about so many other things lately that it had slipped my mind that she was coming here so soon. So when I opened my card from him and I read what my present was I was so excited and just could not believe he thought to get those for me! Justin is not a fan of country music so I knew he would not want to go. But it just so happens to fall on next weekend, when he is going on a trip to New Orleans with some friends for there fraternity alumni softball tournament that they have every year. I decided to take Molly with me because she loves Carrie just as much as me and we can not wait. Justin and me are definitely looking forward to all our many many anny's we will share together in the future!

Our best friends Amy and Scooter had there first child Landry Kate Crutcher last Friday! She is a week old today! She is absolutely adorable and if you know me then you know I am already obsessed! Believe it or not Justin is already very fond of her as well! He actually held her at the hospital the day she was born!! That was Justin's first time to ever hold a new born!! He has always been too scared to do it but I told him he would be fine and he was! When I went to hand her to him he said I'm scared! Haha. I told him it was going to be fine and it was. We went and visited them on Monday and he held her again for a little while longer this time as she slept. So as you can tell we already love her so much. :) Amy is doing great as well! She had to have a c-section but is moving around very well and overall has been feeling good. So we are so thankful for that.

My sister went to her appointment this week in Cincinnati and after a long long day of a million meetings and tests they were presented with a few different game plans. It is so much information to take in so if you would like to check out her blog at http://www.ohbaby2010.blogspot.com then you can read the whole story. There really is no short version of it all because there is no certain plan at the moment. They are back in the "there are several options and outcomes" stage. So they are having to play the waiting game all over again. The one thing we do know is we really are going to need all the prayers possible because as we know there is always a possibility of an unwanted outcome and this is what we will be praying for for now. Luckily, my sister feels very confident in the team of doctors that she will be working with and so she has a very good feeling everything will be fine. So if that is what she thinks then that is what we will think as well.

So long for now and until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment