Friday, July 9, 2010

Updates & more..

HI! Ok, so I know I said on my last blog that I would be taking pictures and posting them of the house and that I have not yet! I'm sorry! Pictures are really coming this weekend though! I promise! :) I already took some this morning before work and will take the rest this afternoon and post them as soon as I finish!
We have been running around like a bunch of crazies these past few weeks and we are so happy that everything is starting to settle down again! We have all of our boxes unpacked and everything where we want it for now! We are still waiting on a few pieces of furniture to be delivered but after that we will have all of our furniture thank goodness! The only things we really have left to do is the decor! I have not hung anything on the walls yet because I just do not know where I want it to all go and we still have some things we need to buy, but I know all that comes in time! But, overall we are really enjoying the new house and are very happy to be in it!
We had a great 1st weekend in our new house and took advantage of our neighborhood pool which is directly across from our house! YAY! We met a fun group of people that live in the neighborhood and are looking forward to getting to know them better! They all want to put a fridge on our back porch so they can keep there beverages nice and cool and not have to walk all the way back to there own house! Haha. We told them we have one in our garage that they could all use if they needed to! We are already planning on going to the pool again this weekend! Ashlyn Kay has already checked out YaYa's pool and is super excited that she will get to use it!

We are finally back into our cooking routine but I only did one "new" recipe this week! It is not a very healthy one but you can modify it some to make it healthier! I am going to get some new ones to try this week and will post them and let you know what we thought! I do have a little recipe for a good healthly snack that we snack on all the time! I was buying the pre-made version from Publix but you did not get very much and it was pretty pricey! So I decided to come up with my own version and making it in bulk because we go through the stuff so fast!
Publix calls it "Organic Cranberry Harvest Mix", they use all organic nuts and cranberries in theres, which I did not use all organic because as we all know anything organic is way more expensive! Anyway, it is a trail mix type snack and here is what is all in it: Dried Cranberries, Almonds, Shelled Pistachios, and Cashews. It is so yummy! The Publix version has light sea salted nuts so it is the perfect sweet and salty combo that we all crave! So I bought a package or organic almonds and pistachios (lightly salted & shelled), a large can of Publix brand cashews (I got no salt added on these but you can get the lightly salted version), and a bag of ocean spray dried cranberries (no sugar added version). I put it in a big canister and mixed it all up and viola! it tastes the exact same and we got way more of our "treat" for less money! You can add more of whatever is your favorite out of the mix! We love the dried cranberries so I will have to buy a large package of those for next time instead of the regular sized bag! This could be a great "treat" gift to someone or a great "treat" for a trip! Everyone loves a good trail mix!

Switching back to Justin and me, we are really excited because we are going to the beach in 2 weeks and it is a much needed getaway! I have been so sad seeing everyone going to the lake or the beach every weekend and we have been sweating and moving heavy stuff! NO FAIR! :) So we are finally going to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend at Rosemary beach! We have never been there but Justin's boss Matthew and his family own 2 houses down there and love it and so we decided to try it out!

So long for now but I promise to post pictures by tonight! Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment