Wednesday, November 17, 2010

NYC bound!

Justin and me are leaving for New York City on Friday morning bright and early! We are so excited for a nice 5 day getaway and since I have never been to NYC before so I am beyond pumped! Justin has been before but he is excited to go back because he still has not gotten to see everything he wanted to the times before. We will be there until Tuesday and we are staying at the Loews Regency on Park Avenue. We have lots of plans on our agenda so hopefully we can get them all done while we are there! We have already gotten our tickets to 2 Broadway shows, Promises, Promises and the Adams Family. We have dinner reservations at a restaurant called Butter one night, and definitely plan on going shopping. We plan on going to Central Park and Bryant Park, seeing the sights, and going to The Met.

I have been wanting to go to New York since forever and I've always wanted to go during Thanksgiving or before Christmas. So this is the best plan we could come up with. We did not want to miss Thanksgiving with our families so we figured we could be back just in time for Turkey Day. We decided to go on our trip in September before I found out I was pregnant but we knew it was a major possibility that I was. Since we know our traveling will be limited this summer then we thought we should take advantage of "it's just the two of us " time while we still have it! It is really funny though because our best friends Amy and Scooter went to NYC last year in December and she was pregnant with Laundry who was born on May 28th which is Baby Rollings due date! So it is funny that I'm pregnant too during our trip to NYC! I told them that they probably think we are copy cats because we have always been a year behind them on everything we've gone through the past few years. We got engaged on there weddingmoon in St. Lucia, then we were married almost exactly a year later, which was right around there first anniversary then they had Laundry and now we will be having Baby Rolling exactly one year later! Haha. Too weird and funny at the same time!

I will take lots of pics of our trip and then upload them to facebook and some to the blog!

This is off the subject of our trip but I was so excited when I got home last night because our stroller we ordered for Baby Rolling had come in! We put it together and I strolled it around the house and put Murphy in it and strolled her around to test it out! Justin was so happy because it was so easy to put together!! And then when we get back from NYC we are meeting Justin's parents and making a final decision on a crib and dresser for the baby's room! CAN NOT WAIT! So exciting! Now we just have to find out if Baby Rolling is a boy or a girl! How do people wait the entire 9 months to find out?!? I could never do it!

Till next time......

1 comment:

  1. Umm, Kala..you need to post a blog about your adventures in NYC..I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete