Thursday, November 11, 2010

Southern Living's Potato Soup

I made a new recipe last night out of my Southern Living cookbook. It was delicious! I made there Homemade Baked Potato Soup. It was very easy and I think the best potato soup I've had in a long time. It makes a lot so it would be perfect for a warm winter night with friends and family.

Homemade Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients
5 large baking potatoes (baked in oven or microwave)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
4 cups half & half (reduced fat)
3 cups of milk ( I used 1% milk)
1/4 tsp pepper ( I'm sure I used more than that, so use to your liking)
1/4 tsp salt ( I also used a lot more salt, so again use to your liking)
bacon, cooked and chopped
shredded cheese

Directions
Peel the skins off the the cooked potatoes and then mash potatoes with a fork. Take the butter and onion and saute together in a pot over medium high heat. After onions are tender add the flour and stir until smooth. Add the half & half and the next 3 ingredients. Then add the potatoes and stir until well blended. Heat to medium high heat stirring occasionally until soup is thick and it heated through.

Serve with bacon crumples and cheese. Also, I added chives to mine and it was great!

Hope you enjoy this wonderful easy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment