Monday, January 24, 2011

Another day in the life....

Justin and I had a very good weekend but it just always goes by to quickly! If anyone knows how to slow down Saturday & Sunday please let me know! Thanks!

Friday night we enjoyed dinner at our favorite spot, Firebird's, with our dear friends the Crutcher's! Little Landry girl was at home with her grandparents so we missed her but we had a great time! Saturday I got to have lunch with a great friend and we got to celebrate some great news for her family! ;) Then Saturday night we cooked out at our house for dinner with the Calametti's! So we had a weekend filled with friends which is always a great time! Justin and I finally went back to Riverchase United Methodist on Sunday morning and we loved it. We met the associate Pastor and talked with him about joining the church and he gave us all the information we needed and we are going to meet with the Senior Pastor, Dr. Jim Savage next Sunday before the service. We are very excited about joining and getting to know the people. We hope to meet a lot of couples our age and hopefully will make life long friends through the church. We are both going to be baptised after we join the church. I was baptised as a child and Justin has not ever been baptised. So this is something that is very important to us. We both feel we need to re-dedicate our lives to God. So we can not wait to do all of these things in the next few weeks. After church on Sunday we decided to try out Sunday lunch at Riverchase Country Club, where we are members at. It was very nice and we had a great time. I can not wait to go out there this summer and hopefully meet some new people. Justin has meet a few men out there playing golf but we are going to start going out there more for all the functions they always have going on.

Friday is my 24th birthday, but it does not even feel like it. I have always been so excited about my birthday and it seems though every year I get older the less and less my birthday really means to me. This year Miss Mary-Ross has taken over my every thought so everything else seems to slip by. The month has gone by so fast that I almost forgot my birthday was this weekend. If not for Justin I may not have remembered! Justin always remembers when we first started dating and how my birthday was the most important thing ever! It was like that the first few years but the past 2 or 3 years it has been getting less and less important! :) I already received the best gift ever which is Mary-Ross so if that's the only gift I get then that is ok with me! (P.S. Justin Rolling still better get me a birthday present! :) ) Hahaha. I am so excited for this weekend though because my parents are coming on Friday, the Rolling's are coming up Saturday morning to paint the nursery (YAY!!) & take me out for a birthday lunch, and then my grandparents are coming that afternoon and my whole side of the family is going out for dinner. So it will be another great weekend and after this weekend I can officially start getting the nursery in the correct order! I have been waiting to move everything how I want it because we still have a bed in the room but not after Saturday! My sweet sweet in-laws are hauling the mattress and bed frame back to Luverne to store for us. So once we have that out of the way we can arrange all the furniture the way I want it! We have the bedding already but I have not put it on the bed yet because I wanted to wait until the room was painted. So I am going to wash all the bedding this week and get it all ready to be put in it's place this weekend! My in-laws are giving me a chandelier as my birthday present to hang in Mary-Ross's room so we will hang it and the other wall mounted lamp I had already bought as well. I ordered the rocker last week so at least it has been ordered. Can not wait to see it in the room! So the only piece of furniture we do not have is a bookcase. But, my sister and I are in the process of looking for one. So hopefully we will have the time to go look this weekend or another day soon. When my grandparents come on Saturday they are going to measure the windows so we can order the fabric next week for my Meme to make the curtains! It's all coming together! Luckily again my in-laws (which if you can not tell are basically the best in-laws ever in history!!) bought Justin and me our crib and dresser when we found out what we were having! So we have it now for almost a month. Luckily when we told the store which one we wanted to order they found out they actually had one left in stock in the exact pieces we wanted! So Justin went and picked it up the next day and put it all together! Needless to say this is all I've been able to think about so I am so happy we are finally getting to start on it!

The months ahead are just going to get better and better. They take us one step closer to meeting our sweet angel! She is already so loved and talked about non-stop. We are just so curious to see what she will look like and what her personality will be.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment