Thursday, January 20, 2011

Glendale or BUST!

The Bass family headed out to Glendale, Arizona to watch our Auburn tigers in the National Championship. We had a wonderful family trip and we were so happy we got to see our Tigers win the title as National Champs!

Our family had not taken a trip, just the four of us, in a long time. It was very nice to spend some quality time together. Kristen and me headed out of Nashville on Saturday and meet up with Mom and Dad in Denver. The flight was fine but I will say it is a lot harder traveling when you are 20 weeks pregnant! A pregnant woman is not made to fit in COACH! So the flights were very uncomfortable! My feet were severely swollen after the flight and I could not even fit my foot in my shoes! We had to buy me a new pair the next day because they were still so swollen! We had plans and events scheduled for everyday we were there so we were busy bees! The walking ended up taking a toll on me and my right side started aching and lasted for the next few days! I tried not to be Debbie Downer and enjoy the rest of our trip but we had to start taking more sitting down breaks! Kristen and me had to remind Mom & Dad that we required food very frequently and that we couldn't go hours in between nourishment! Hehe. So after those few adjustments we were all happy! We enjoyed a lot of great food in Arizona! We even snuck in a quick shopping trip at the amazing mall in Scottsdale! Wish we could have shopped more but we had to many things on our to-do list! The game was fantastic and a nail biter but luckily the Aubies pulled out our last "W" for the season! Would not have traded anything in the world to be there at that moment!

So overall the Bass family vacation was a success and Mary Ross attended her first National Championship game!

No comments:

Post a Comment