Wednesday, February 9, 2011

24 weeks and counting!

Yesterday I had my 4 week check-up and I had to do my gestational diabetes test. I had to get up and eat breakfast extra early because I could not have anything to eat or drink after 6:30 a.m. . So by the I got called back and had to drink the horrible sugar mixture I was about to thirst to death. My choice of hydration definitely was not that awful syrup but that is all they offered me! BOO! After that we went and saw the doctor and she said everything looked great. My stomach was measuring 25 weeks, which I will be Saturday. She said that is normal and that, that just means she probably is the exact weight and size that she should be right now. So that made me feel great! According to What to Expect.com she should be 9 inches long, and should weigh around 1.7 lbs. . They say to compare the baby to an Eggplant. Hehe. I got some not so great news to me about my weight gain so that was the only downer from the appointment. I guess my Doctor is used to everyone of her preggo patients asking about how much weight they have gained because when I asked her she got a big smile and started to giggle. I am sure she gets the same response from everyone as well because she laughed after I yelled WHAT, OMG! So needless to say Denise Austin and me will have a date everyday at 5:30 a.m. from here on out, no more excuses! Now, if we could just get rid of this cold weather I could enjoy a nice walk outside as well! But, until it is warm enough for me to go outside I will just stick to my indoor routine.

So I return back to the Doctor in 4 weeks, March 10th. We are very excited about this appointment because we get to have our 4D ultrasound done. YAY! We will finally get to see an up close look at little girl. Hopefully she will be active at the appointment. This appointment will also be my last at going every 4 weeks. I will then start going every 2 weeks. So that is just getting me one step closer to the end. YIPPIE! So hopefully these next 4 weeks will go by quickly for us!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment