Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope you have someone special to spend this day with and if not at least a friend or family member. I am so thankful that Justin and I have each other and that we get to spend this special day together. We are going out to dinner tonight at Fleming's and we are both so excited. I am especially pumped about the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake they have! Yum Yum!

Another weekend has come and gone so quickly but we got so much done around our house this weekend and a lot of relaxation so that was really nice. We cleaned out and put away all the clutter and made more space for miss priss! I just know how much stuff you need and you get when you have a baby so I know we will need all the extra space we can get. I spent all Sunday morning re-arranging and cleaning out the cabinets so little one will have space for all her baby stuff. Justin attempted to hang the chandelier this weekend but was unsuccessful. It ended up being a lot more complicated than we thought and so he went to Home Depot to get the things we needed in order to hang it properly and once he got there he spoke with a knowledgeable person about it and realized that maybe he was not the person for the job. So he called his company's builder/ friend and luckily he is a sweet man and is sending out one of his electrician's to properly install the chandelier for use. We do not want to take any chances on it falling or the wires catching fire. Our most precious little baby will be in that room so it must be perfect! :) So once the chandelier is hung I'll post a picture. I painted the mirror and got the ribbon to hang the mirror with. Now I just have to find something cute to nail into the wall to hang the mirror from. I did find some knobs for the dresser and changed those out and they look great! So those are the only updates on the nursery.

Yesterday I went and picked a part of Justin's Valentine's gift and gave it to him early. It was a heart shaped cookie cake for my Valentine. He was so happy. It might have been the happiest I have ever seen him. Haha. I enjoyed the beautiful day in my maternity swimsuit in the backyard trying to get some sun on my pasty white skin. Sadly, it was not for very long because I had to go pick up the cookie cake and by the time I got back my tanning area had been covered up by the shadow from the fence! I am going to take advantage of all sunny days in the next few months because I have to get a little color back into my skin. YUCK!

This week my parents are coming into town and so I am looking forward to spending time with them. My sister and Jeff are going to the beach for the weekend with friends so they are coming over to keep the kiddos. I am taking AK to one of her friends birthday parties on Saturday right by my house, so that will be fun.

I just wanted everyone to be thinking about Justin as he prepares the take the CPA exam. He began taking it back when he first graduated from grad school and passed a section but after he moved from Georgia to Birmingham he stopped studying and ended up losing the one he had taken. So his New Year's resolution was to start studying for it again and sign up to start taking it again. I have been so proud of him because he has been studying so much. He stays late at work every night studying and has been studying for hours on the weekends. His goal is to take and pass all the parts by the end of the summer. He is about to sit for his first part so please pray he passes it the first time. The CPA exam is one of the hardest exams that you can take after college. It ranks right up there with the Bar Exam and all the other hard ones. So this is something that is really respected in the business world. Justin is very smart and I know he can get this done.

These are all the updates for now but check back soon for more Rolling family news! Oh and I have 2 new recipes I am using this week so check back for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment