Monday, February 21, 2011

What a great weekend...

The beloved weekend has come and gone once again but hey that is OK. It was a great weekend for the Rolling family and we will definitely be looking forward to this weekend. My parents came into town on Thursday to keep the Moran clan for the weekend while my sister and Jeff went off to the beach. We are very jealous of them because the beach is exactly what I need right now and it does not look like the beach will be happening for me until after miss priss is born and all of that feels so far away. So it is very hard for me to picture the day I will get to return. Anyways, off that little subject and back on to our weekend. Like I said my parents were here so it made me very happy to see them. Justin played in a little golf tournament at the country club on Friday so once I got off work I headed out to my sister's to visit with the fam. Friday night Justin and I enjoyed some take out and then relaxed in bed watching the movie Unstoppable. It was really good. I definitely recommend watching it. Saturday morning was filled with appointments for me. So after all of my appointments were done and getting some other things done I headed off to lunch with Haley Robbins Cupp. We have been friends for as long as I can remember and luckily we both live in Birmingham. She is pregnant as well so we have been so happy to have each other to talk about pregnant stuff together. I am so happy Mary-Ross will have a friend so close in age to play with. They do not know what they are having yet but I can not wait to find out. After lunch my mom and I took Ashlyn Kay to Cameron Samford's 2nd birthday party. Cameron is the little girl Kristen used to nanny for. AK and Camy are always so happy to see each other. They played almost everyday together for so long. Camy's birthday party was at the new Gymboree play gym, conveniently located right  in the shopping center in front of our neighborhood. I was so excited to go into to it because I have been wanting to check it out. They offer a lot of classes for newborns to toddlers and I can not wait to sign Mary-Ross up for the mommy and me infant class. So happy it is right by our house too. It was very nice and perfect for toddlers to run and play in. AK had a blast and after the party we went back to our house and ate dinner all together. Unfortunately, I had to do all of my grocery shopping and such on Sunday which I hate because it is so busy but fortunately I got everything done plus everything done around the house in time for Justin, Murphy, and me to enjoy an afternoon walk. This weather has made me so happy! I sure hope it does not go away.

The only thing that got done in the nursery this week was the chandelier. The electrician that our builder friend sent to hang it said it took him about 3 hours. WHOA! So we are very happy that a professional did it instead of Justin and me trying to figure it out ourselves. The glider is supposed to be here this weekend, so hopefully we will be able to pick it up.

We are really looking forward to this weekend because we are going to Troy. I have not been to Troy since before I found out I was pregnant. I have not seen our Troy friends since Justin's birthday so I have been really missing them. We are all going to cook out Saturday night and I can not wait to spend time with our dear friends. It is long overdue!

I have a new recipe to share with you all and so be looking out for it! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment