Saturday, March 19, 2011

30 weeks!

As of today I am officially 30 weeks preggo! I have really started to feel 30 weeks pregnant more and more this past week. I have really noticed just how heavy my belly is and my legs have been feeling really crampy. I definitely think I have been having more Braxton Hick's contractions but they have not been really bad. I just notice how my belly and the tops of my thighs will all of a sudden feel really crampy. My mom told me she had Braxton Hick's in her legs when she was pregnant too. So that helped ease my concerns. It is getting harder and harder to get up and down and I do not get from point a to b very fast anymore. Luckily my sleeping is still great besides the occasional getting up at night to use the potty. I went and ran some errands yesterday and even though I only went to 3 places by the time I got home I was exhausted. I decided to re-organize some things in the nursery and start on some projects for the nursery but then I had to rest on the couch until time to get ready for dinner with the Crutcher's!

Yesterday I decided that I wanted Mary-Ross to use all organic diapers! I have already been buying diapers and when I bought diapers I bought the Huggies pure & natural brand and some of the Seventh Generation brand. I suffered from Eczema as an infant all the way to current day. It was absolutely horrible when I was a baby and child. I have traumatizing flashbacks to the screaming and fighting I would do when my mother was trying to help my skin problems. Back then there was little that could be done for Eczema. Doctors did not consider all of the things that they do now when treating Eczema in children and adults. We did not know chemicals and foods are basically the main cause of Eczema. Since I have been an adult I have had more control over my skin problems after working for an Allergist and reading everything possible on the issue. I realized my diet and products I was using was the main problem and once I fixed those issues I have actually been Eczema free for a very long time now. So that little story is why I have officially decided to use only organic diapers for the little one. Eczema can be hereditary and I do not even want to take the chance in causing a flare up on my precious angel because I use regular diapers. Regular diapers are loaded with chemicals and chlorine. Chlorine is one of the biggest irritants to people who have skin problems. This is one reason why babies get diaper rashes. I know some babies never get diaper rashes. But, a lot of children suffer from them and one reason is because of the type of diapers there parents but on them. My sister has found this to be very true as well since Ashlyn Kay suffered from diaper rashes and so does Blakely. When Ashlyn Kay was a baby Huggies did not have the pure and natural brand. But now they do and that is what she uses on the twins and it helps prevent Blakely from getting bad diaper rashes. So since I have been registering for baby stuff I came across a new brand of diapers called gDiapers. Now we all know the best organic diapering option for babies are cloth diapers but that is one thing I can not do. I know how severe infant poops are and that is something I am not willing to do. But this company that makes gDiapers has come up with the perfect concept for parents who want there children to wear organic diapers but do not fool with the mess of cloth diapers. So I read a lot of reviews on them and read up on the product information. After reading all the info I became convinced that it is definitely worth trying! I compared the prices and gDiapers seem like they are expensive at first but once you calculate it all it actually is the same price as regular disposable diapers. I am still going to use the diapers I have already bought but luckily all the ones I have are already the organic version of disposable diapers. So we will see how they really work out when they are put to test. Here is the concept of the gDiapers if you are curious!

The gDiaper concept:
The actual diaper is reusable and re washable. They come in sizes newborn to large. They have a snap in liner to protect the actual diaper from getting dirty.  You put a disposable 100% biodegradable liner into the snap in liner. The biodegradable liner is what will catch the pee/poop. Now you are asking how is it possible that the diaper will stay clean? Well the snap in liner which is a plastic liner is what protects the actual diaper which is cloth and very soft. So when your baby soils the the disposable liner you just take the liner out throw away in the garbage or flush down the toilet. They also suggest composting but the Rolling's are not that green! :) The gdiapers are plastic free, chlorine free, latex free, and perfume free. Now even the company who makes this product will tell you accidents happen but that is why you have more than one gDiaper. They recommend 12 gdiapers for a newborn and 6-8 gDiapers from when they are in the sizes small to large. They say that yes the snap in liners will on occasion get dirty but that's why they snap out and are washable. So once you have the actual gdiapers all you have to do is buy the liners each time. Which like I said before are around the same price as regular diapers. Another perk with the gDiapers is that they have a velcro closures to keep the diaper on baby and they are adjustable so you can get the exact fit for your little one.

So there is the information on the gDiaper. You might think I am being crazy but it is something I want to try and what is it going to hurt? I am hoping it works because that will definitely cut down on smelly diapers and tons of trash! I used a gift card we had and bought the gDiaper newborn bundle which comes with 12 newborn diapers, 6 size small diapers, and 80 biodegradable liners. The snap in liners are already included with each individual diaper and comes with an extra one. You can also buy a 6-pack of the snap-in liners for back up.

I will post my review on the product after giving them a try with Miss Priss! I am hoping they work! :)

I go to the Doctor on Monday and we are getting our 4D ultrasound again. I am hoping this one is better than the last! I will do a new post after the Doctor's visit on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment