Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hello Third Trimester!

YAY! I am finally in the third and final trimester! So glad I am getting close to the finish line. I am not really sure how some women can say they just love being pregnant. I will say I have not really enjoyed anything about being pregnant except for the fact that I get to feel my little girl move around and know that at the end of all this I will have a precious baby. But, as for everything else it pretty much stinks! I am getting really excited because my baby shower begin this weekend and I can not wait to visit with our friends and to start getting everything we will need for little girl. I am ready to start organizing and getting everything ready. It just makes me anxious thinking about how we do not have everything we need at the moment but I know in these next few weeks we will begin to get all the baby gear! Our rocking chair finally came in and we went and picked it up Saturday! It did not turn out the exact color I had thought but thankfully it looks fine and worked out well! It is so comfy and I can not wait to cuddle up with Mary-Ross in it!

Thank goodness our Doctor's appointment is this Thursday! We are so excited! I can not wait to see how much she has grown since our last ultrasound in January! I am hoping to hear that she is measuring ahead of schedule! She has been measuring 2 days ahead of my due date all along but I am hoping to hear that she is already pretty large so that way we will get to meet her even earlier! I know it's unlikely but a girl can dream can't she!?! I am glad my appointment is this week also because I have been having some dizzy spells and I even think I had some Braxton Hicks contractions going on Friday night. I know all the signs of a Braxton Hicks and the real thing and who knows if it really was but all I know is the feeling I was having has never happened before and it was weird! Luckily it went away though after soaking in a warm bath which is what they recommend doing if you are uncomfortable and it really did make all the weirdness go away and I felt like a new woman! I sometimes question myself though on the feelings I have on whether they are really happening or not. You read so much stuff when you are pregnant and people tell you so much stuff that sometimes I wonder if I am just imagining it all or that it is really happening. So I try not to freak out but luckily I have my sister that I just call and ask first before I call my Doctor on the weekend freaking out.

I can really tell Mary-Ross has gotten bigger because her sweet little kicks and jolts are no longer sweet and fun. They are starting to hurt and be quite uncomfortable when she decides to shake her entire body and do who knows what in there! I swear it literally feels sometimes she really is shaking her entire body. It is so strange! Whatever she was doing one night last week felt like she had a rubber band stretched out really far and then was letting one end go and letting it pop the inside of my belly. I can take pain but I really was almost in tears after it happened about 3 times! Luckily she moved on to the next thing and I was very thankful! Last night I was exhausted and up way later than my normal bed time and was trying really hard to get comfortable and fall asleep. Every time I got situated she would start moving around so much and it was so hard to fall asleep with her moving her entire body around so after about 10 minutes of her having a party in the womb I decided to blast some classical music out of my belly buds (earphones that stick onto your belly that connect to you iPod or iPhone that are made to play music to your baby while in the womb but have covers that block the music so you do not have to listen to it unless you want to. They are very cool!) to see if it would help her settle down and put her to sleep and thankfully it worked like a charm! Every time I have used my belly buds and played her cool baby music (all the Rockabye Baby soundtracks that include artists like Guns N' Roses, Journey, DMB, Nirvana, No Doubt, The Rolling Stones, etc.) she rocks out and moves all around. But, when I play the classical baby music she goes still and to sleep! Hehe. It's really funny! So I now know what to do when she is making mommy uncomfortable!

I will write another post after the appointment on Thursday and post the 4D ultrasound pictures! Can not wait!

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. yay! how exciting! i just looked up belly buds, and that i will be investing in a pair when that time comes for me. congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete