Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A few things to add.....

I have decided to start posting my reviews for the latest movies, books, etc. that I have read, watched, or visited. Justin and me watch a lot of shows, movies, and we read a lot too. So we would like to share what we think about our latest entertainment.....

I think I may have mentioned this book before but I am telling you all again. I have been reading this book called "The Self Health Revolution", which inspired me to want to be healthier. I am still not finished because I have been reading it when I run on the treadmill. But, just the parts I have read have really been mind-blowing and the scary thing is it is so true. The author J. Michael Zenn is not this all you can eat is all healthy foods and nothing with sugar guy. All he is doing is telling us the truth about what we are putting in our bodies everyday. He is all about yummy cakes, etc. but he just tells us the scary truth about all the pre-made boxed batters we all are guilty of buying. So I just wanted to let you know if you are looking for a new read maybe you should buy this book and find out the truth about all the food we consume!


I love Chelsea Handler and I watch Chelsea Lately when I can. She has 3 books she has written about her life and they are all laugh out loud funny. Her first one is called "My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands", the second one "Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea", and her latest "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang". If all of these stories in her books are true then she is NUTS, and has the most outrageous life ever. I hope they are true!

We all love Nicholas Sparks of course, who does not? After seeing the movie previews for The Last Song, I decided to read it. Two days later I finished it, and of course it was amazing like all of his other stories. Also, very sad but a great story and meaning behind it.

Jumping into another subject! As some of you may know Justin and me usually go to the movies almost every weekend. We are movie buffs and it is something we love doing together. So since we see most movies the day they come out I decided to also start giving you reviews on the latest movies we've seen. So here are our reviews for the last ones we have watched....

Alice in Wonderland was a big disappointment, we had been looking forward to seeing it too. It was very slow, but the movie was cool just to see all the characters, etc.





I had already read this book, which was amazing but, I had heard mixed reviews about the movie. I was so afraid I was not going to like it. So after seeing the movie I am so glad to say it was GREAT! I thought it was so much like the book, which is rare, and that everyone playing the characters were perfect! Two thumbs up!


So the next movies we will be going to see is Ocean's by Disney, for Earth Day, and Iron Man 2 which we are both excited about. If you have not seen the first Iron Man then it is a must because it was awesome!

**Do not forget that April 22 is Earth Day, really try to do something for our Earth on Thursday even if it is something very small.

Justin and me have a show just about every night. We have to record everything so we can watch it all. Here are some of our favorite shows this season and the shows we are dying to start back this summer.....


Yes, we are suckers for Vampires. We love all the Twilight craze, and the two other vampire t.v. shows that come one. Our absolute favorite t.v. show is Vampire Diaries, on the C.W. It is so good, we can not get enough of that show. It is on Thursday nights and it is in it's first season. I you are ready for some drama, action, and lots of really beautiful people then this is your show. Our other vampire show is True Blood. Some of our friends have been watching it from day one before Twilight hit us. So they told us we would love it and we did. We had to catch up on the seasons we had missed. It comes on HBO and I am not sure when it starts back but it needs to hurry up! Of course since it is on HBO it is going to be wayyy more raunchy and violent. We still love it though.

Some of our other favorites are Gossip Girl, which is filled with so much drama, spoiled rich kids, love, and all sorts of stuff. You can always guarantee something crazy to happen but it is so good. Desperate Housewives, love it. A new show on the C.W. called, Life Unexpected, is a good show that has it all. It is about 2 adults, Kate and Baze who had a one night fling in high school and never really spoke since. Kate, became pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption. Baze knew Kate was pregnant but was popular and did not care. Sixteen years later there daughter, Lux, who was never adopted shows up back into there lives. It is definitely one of my favorites right now. If you do not watch How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and Modern Family, then you are missing out on the four funniest shows I have ever watched. Justin and me laugh the entire time we watch these. They are beyond hilarious. We of course watch Gray's Anatomy, I think just about everyone does. We did watch American Idol this season but it just was not good to me, so we have stopped watching it. Justin has a list of shows he watches that I will catch an episode here and there. He loves Lost, Justified, a new show and I really like it, The Pacific, very good show on HBO that is a mini series about WWII, V, it is OK to me, and Flash Forward, which I enjoy sometimes. Our last show we watch which is my all time favorite show on right now is Glee on Fox. They are beyond genius in my eyes for coming up with a musical for a t.v. show. As some of you know musicals are my absolute favorites! I love singing and dancing and Glee does both. The other perks to the show is that it's so funny. Yes, Glee is cheesy but that the whole point of the show. They are making fun of high school and everything about it. If you have not watched it before then it is a must see!


Those are all of my reviews I have for now but will post more in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment