Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jumping into Spring!

Is it really the first of April already? I think someone has to be playing an April Fool's joke on me....hummmmm????

Well, here we are the first of April and like always our lives are running rampid all around us. We have been very busy these last few months. Still no progress on the house besides we have gone to our plan review, and both decorator meetings. Everything is offically picked out for our home. Now all we need is for them to start building it! Our close date is still set for June 30, but we are sure that will change since that is not that very long and like I said we don't even have a foundation yet. So we will see. We are just ready to see what it will turn out like. Now we know what we "hope" it will look like but you know it is nerve racking in the meantime because all we can think is "did we make the right choice?" But, we are hoping to see some progress soon though. Still no offers on our house but we aren't that concerned since signature will be buying it at closing of our new home if we still haven't sold our current home. But, it still would be very good if we could sell it on our on.

Justin has been very very busy at work lately. Working like a busy bee besides the fact he did get to play golf yesterday.....haha. Everything with his job seems to be going great still which is a blessing! My work is still going great! The boys are getting so big now and it's so much fun.

We have literally had something every single weekend here lately and our social schedule is not slowing down one bit until somewhere around June. WHEEWWW! I will need a vacation by then that's for sure. We have 5 people in our lives pregnant. Three gave birth within a week of each other and now we have 2 left. We have 7 or so friends getting married and we have only been to one wedding so far the rest are to come! So between actual weddings, wedding showers, baby showers, birthdays, and actual baby births we might have a day just to be lazy but not much. We are very blessed to have so many great friends in our lives so we do not mind being there for them at this time.

So as you can tell everything around the Rolling household has been great the only bump we have encountered lately happened to me last week! As some of you might know I, Kala Bass Rolling, has been WORKING OUT in the mornings before work, I repeat WORKING OUT! You all know I am not the most motivated person when it comes to excerise but I still haven't figured out where all this motivation has come from but I actually like it. :) So anwyays, back to the point of the story. So like I said I had gone to the gym that morning around 5:30 a.m. worked out for an hour and was getting ready for work at the gym when a girl came in and asked for a Kala Rolling. So I said, "Hey, that is me." She went on to say a police officer was up front and needed to speak with me. I started panicking immediately in my head. Why would a policeman need me? Has something happened to Justin? What could I have forgotten about that would cause police to be involved? So I went to face him and that's when I learned I had been the latest victim of a crime! Yep, some thug busted out my front passenger window and snatched my purse! I know I know, why in the world would my pruse be in the open for anyone to grab? I felt stupid because that is one thing my family has always said DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE IN SIGHT! Which I always follow this rule and the one day I'm not thinking striaght I slip up and BAM it finally happens to me! :( I always have said I would not care if someone stole my purse because they would be very disappointed because I never have cash. Well that is still true except I did have $2 in my wallet. Haha. So ends up the criminal went to wal-mart used our credit card to purchase a t.v. immediately after stealing my purse and also went and filled up his car tank with gas. Luckily we got to everything else fast enough and our credit card company new something was weird so they were already in process of contacting us by then time we called them. Bad part was we had to pay $150 insurance deductible for my window to be fixed and I was without everything!!!! But this story does have a good ending at least! The thug stole a car the next day and got in a high speed chase with Vestavia police. He abandoned car and ran away. But, luckily for some reason he had my purse with my wallet still in it! Which is now still at police department. We should be able to pick it up today and keep your fingers crossed that everything is still there! We were informed yesterday that the low-life was arrested and now is facing 16 different charges, one being he resisted arrest and pushed an officer. So of course they had to beat him down with baton. HA! The officer thought we would like that! So he should be going to jail for a little while! YAAYY!

So that's our latest excitment. As I mentioned above I have been working out 3 times a week for 2 weeks now so keep thinking about me and hope I will keep it up. We also have been trying to eat healthy during the week. I will post the links to some of our favorites. I am reading a very good book right now called "The Self-Health Revolution", it's very good and really opens your eyes about what you eat. I know you are thinking it's one of those health nuts right? Actually it's not like that at all. Yes, they talk about healthy eating but it just tells you the scary truth about what we are putting in our bodies. It just encourages eating all natural food. If you didn't know you can still get good and eat snacky type food too. And that is what this book informs you about. What things are good and what is not. So you should read it, but beware you will get freaked out!

Have a great weekend and below are those recipes you should try out!

http://www.glamour.com/bbg/2010/turkey-chili
(I add bush's chili beans or kidney beans)

http://www.glamour.com/bbg/2010/spicy-chicken-skewers-and-roasted-vegetables

http://www.glamour.com/bbg/2010/turkey-burger-and-green-bean-fries

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/6-quick-chicken-recipes/?page=6

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/healthy-pizza/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/healthy-burrito-recipe/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/turkey/caesar-turkey-wrap/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-jambalaya/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/chicken/spicy-chicken-pizza/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/chicken/southwestern-chicken-stir-fry/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/easy-healthy-beef-recipes/?page=7

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/quick-easy/twenty-minute-meals-00000000028853/index.html

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/the-you-can-do-it-diet-dinner-choices/?page=17

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/the-you-can-do-it-diet-dinner-choices/?page=16

No comments:

Post a Comment