Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Random reminders, etc.....

I saw an ad in one of my magazines a week or so ago about leaving canned goods in your mailbox and decided to look it up on the Internet. I have not heard a lot of advertising for this so I thought I would post it on here to spread the word. It's called Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive 2010. It will we held Saturday, May 8, so this coming Saturday. What you need to do is set a bag out by your mailbox and the postal service will be collecting them on that day. It has to be non-perishable items only. The mail carriers will then be delivering the food to the local food banks, etc. So it will be feeding people in your area. Everyone has extra cans of soup or can pick up a few items for cheap to give. Just thought I would remind you or inform you if you have not heard about this! Here is the website if you would like more information on it :
Also, just a reminder this weekend is Mother's Day so make sure you show your appreciation to your mother or any mother out there. I decided to look up special days in May because here lately I feel like I've missed some nationally celebrated days. So I found a list of all the dedicated days in May. I was shocked to see almost everyday in May is dedicated to something. Here are some that I thought I should show my appreciation to.
The first full week of May is Nurse's Week, & May 3rd-7th is National Teacher Appreciation Week & Teacher Appreciation Day is May 4th. May 2nd was Baby Day and Brothers and Sisters Day, Happy Baby Day and Happy Sister Day since I am already behind! Haha. We all know Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo, so I'm sure many of us will be showing our appreciation by eating Mexican. May 6th is National Nurse's Day, May 7th is National Military Spouses Day, man my mom is racking up in May so far! Hehehe. Just a little random but No Socks Day is on May 8th and then on May 9th is Lost Sock Memorial Day?? I'm not lying! May 10th, is Clean Up Your Room Day, May 11th is Eat What You Want Day, ok I can do that! May 12th is International Nurse's Day, National Receptionist Day, & School Nurse's Day. On May 14th it's Dance Like A Chicken Day, haha. May 15th is Armed Forces Day, which is a good one to know in my family. May 16th is Love A Tree Day & Wear Purple For Peace Day. May 27th is Sunscreen Day, my boss will love this day. On May 30th, it's Justin and my anniversary, & Water A Flower Day. Then the 31st of May is Memorial Day, Save Your Hearing Day & World No Tobacco Day. If you would like to see a full list of all the dedicated days in May then go to

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/may.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment