Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another False Alarm

After coming home from the Doctor yesterday I started noticing that I was not feeling that great! I decided t just take it easy yesterday afternoon and laid around watching T.V. . After relaxing all afternoon I started noticing some contractions. My Doctor had said that I was having mild irregular contractions at my appointment yesterday but I never felt those. These I knew were contractions. So I started doing everything they tell you to do to make sure they are not Braxton Hicks. I took Tylenol, got in a hot shower, laid on my left side, changed positions every time I felt one to see if they went away or got more intense. And nothing was easing up the contractions. They were actually getting worse. I was having a hard time timing them though so I wasn't really sure how far apart they were. So after this went on for more than 2 hours I decided to call the after hours line because they were getting more and more intense! After talking with the nurse she told me to repeat all of the things I had done before to see if they made them subside and they did not and she said I really needed to try to time them so she could make the decision whether or not to send me to the hospital. So I tried to focus and started timing them and they were consistently 7 minutes apart for over an hour and were getting more and more intense as time went on. So I called the nurse back again to report to her what I had been going on. She then said are your bags packed and I said yes they are, and she said ok well then it's time to go to the hospital! So Justin and I loaded up and made our way to St. Vincent's. On the car ride there I started noticing that the contractions were not coming as frequently as they had been just a few minutes before. Then the intensity of the contractions began to die down as well. Once we went into the hospital they checked us in and took me into the triage room to check me and hook me up to the monitor to monitor the contractions and the baby. She checked me and let me know the sad news that I was not dilated but that I was starting to thin out a bit. Then we started seeing that the contractions were not very intense and that they were very irregular. So after they monitored me for an hour they checked me again to find I was not dilated still but that I had thinned out even more since the first time she checked me. They monitored me again for another 45 minutes and my contractions did start to pick back up a bit but were still too irregular for me to stay. So they sent us home after 12:15. It was such a let down! I could not believe after everything I had been feeling at home for over 3 hours was nothing! I felt so silly and crazy. I know they tell you that it is ok and that this is very normal but I still do not like it! I just hate crying wolf! If you know me very well you know that I usually do not over react about pain or how I am feeling. So I hate the feeling of well you might have been feeling like that earlier but it was nothing!! UGH! The body is so strange and it is very frustrating! So I guess we will see how it goes!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment