Monday, May 30, 2011

She is here! She is here!

Where to begin on our exciting of Mary-Ross arriving? I"m not quite sure but here it is! Everyone hears all of there friends and families stories and experiences they had when they had there baby. So after talking with everyone I thought I had a general idea of how things would go for me. I should have known though that I am different than everyone else. Nothing usually goes how they should for me when it comes to medications and such. I either handle medicine very well and my body gets too much of it or my body rejects it all together! Well that is what happened to me during my laboring process.

I started things off on a good start Wednesday night when they began the induction process. Then when it came time to break my water everything went smoothly and I was progressing really fast. When I finally decided to take the medication to ease the contractions I thought WHEW it is going to be a breeze now. I made it through some contractions and now I am ready to be pain free! Well that is where I messed up. My hopes were set to high and things started to go down hill. Unfortunately, the pain medication did not work on me so after 2 doses and lots of pain and suffering my Doctor broke the good news that I could go ahead and get my epidural! Those were the magic words! WHEW I thought again the pain is over and it is time to get this baby here! Well thankfully the pain went away but then I had forgotten how my body responds to anesthesia and it makes me severely cold feeling even though I am not so I was convulsing from that and then I began to feel like I couldn't swallow, cough, or even talk. I was not doing much talking at all Thursday morning anyways which we all know is rare for me but after all the pain I had been feeling from the contractions I had to focus on my breathing for Mary-Ross' sake because she kept having moments of distress and I wasn't too keen on the idea of having a c-section. So my wonderful husband helped me through them. We had a little drama with the anesthesiologist as well since he did not show up to do my epidural for almost 30 minutes and I was having contractions 1 minute apart with no pain relief. Talk about traumatizing! So after all that he ended up giving me too much and it caused the epidural to rise into my throat which was causing me to feel paralyzed and not be able to breathe. Well because I could not breathe neither could baby so they had to give me oxygen. Finally after we got all that adjusted my Doctor gave us the go ahead to start pushing. We found out that Mary-Ross was face up instead of face down which was causing the pushing process to go slower and it was more difficult. I pushed for 2 hours and luckily she was out. Justin, my mom, and my mother in law where all in there helping me out. I was so exhausted from all the contractions I had felt earlier plus pushing for 2 hours will wear a girl out. Our angel weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 21 inches long. She is so perfect in our eyes. ;) We could not have asked for a more perfect little angel! It has been an adventure so far but we have only been home 2 whole days and 2 nights so far.  We have a lot to adjust and get into the routine of it all but I know we will get there and we are just trying to have fun with it all. I know we have already laughed so much since we have been home with all the crazy things that have happened. We have many more laughs and experiences in our future.

So all is well at the Rolling household and continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Here are some pictures of our little girl!

                                                        Our first family photo

                                                      Our sweet angel

                                       Justin, Mary-Ross, Landry, and Scooter

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am astonished at how cute she is! You guys are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete