Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend and A Baby Shower

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know my family did. My parents came into town on Friday for the weekend and so that is always a pleasure! My family had a very busy weekend planned. We had lots of things on our agenda for the weekend! Saturday morning we had planned for all the girls to go to Pepper Place downtown Birmingham, which is a farmer's market and they have arts and crafts. It is a really fun thing to do on Saturday mornings! They have so many locally grown and made foods! YUM! My dad and Justin would be playing in the Pi Kapp Alumni Golf Tournament at Timberline. Yes, we know Justin is not a Pi Kapp but my father was at Troy and the person in charge of the tournament was our great friend Brad Calametti and had asked Justin to play on the same team as my Dad. Then Saturday around lunch time I planned on eating lunch with my two dear friends Mary Calametti and Niki Hayden in Alabaster. Then Saturday night Justin's boss Matthew Lemak and his wife Kathryn hosted a baby shower for us. Then Sunday was of course Mother's Day and the twins had there baby dedication at there church! So as you can see our family had lots to do this weekend! Luckily we got to do everything we had planned and had so much fun at all of our functions!

The baby shower was a success and we are so thankful for the Lemaks for doing this for us. It was so nice and such a fun shower. Mary-Ross racked up once again and got so many nice things! We got a lot of the things we still needed. So it is safe to say Mary-Ross officially has everything she will need for her first few months of life! :) So now all we really need is for her to get here so we can start using all of this stuff! Haha. Thank you to all our friends who were able to come out to the shower! We so appreciate it!

Mother's Day has been wonderful as well and we were so thankful to be able to spend time with out family and celebrate with all the mothers in our family. Sadly we did not get to spend today with Vicki, Justin's mother because they were off at the Kentucky Derby for the weekend! We missed you and Wayne so much! But, we love you so much and appreciate everything you have done for us! I was not only able to spend today with my mother but I was able to spend it with my Meme as well. So I was so happy everyone was able to come over to our house for lunch today. The twins baby dedication went well and they were precious!

So as you can see our weekend was great! The only thing that could have made this weekend better was if I had not been so severely tired! Unfortunately the miserable days of late pregnancy have set in and I have truly not slept well since last Wednesday night when I awoke at 2:30 and never made it back to sleep! I have not had more than 2 hours of sleep each night since and for some reason still waking up at 5:30 all bright eyed and busy tailed! But today my body and eyes are officially on the verge of severe sleep deprivation! So I have been fighting a nap all day today with the hopes of being so exhausted by night time that I am just going to fall out asleep and sleep until time to get up to get ready for my Doctor's appointment in the morning. So we will see! Not only am I tired but I have officially started to swell! I have been very lucky so far and have not had swollen hands or feet but that went out the window on Saturday and my hands and feet have decided to stay that way! I am taking it as a good sign that my body is preparing for labor! Maybe?!?! Who knows but that's what I am telling myself, OK? :) So this is my last week of work before maternity leave so I am hoping with a full week of work ahead that maybe it will help me go into labor! I know this is what everyone always hopes but this is all I can do in this waiting game they make you do! I would rather be Positive Peggy than Negative Nancy! But, I will say that I do hope she does NOT decide to make her appearance this Friday since it is going to be FRIDAY THE 13TH! AHHHH! I don't want any bad luck/ omens! :)

So stay tuned people for a Doctor update tomorrow! Everyone pray for something to be going on down there! Hehe.

Until next time folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment